Google

Re: implementing a shopping cart system

From: Mark Rose <markr_at_activearts.com>
Date: Thu 02 Sep 1999 09:02:07 -0700

Our company is in the process of implementing a shopping
cart system for users to purchase our products online.
We've run into some problems with determining who we'll use
to authorize and process credit cards. Initially, we were
going to go with AuthorizeNet but after closely examining
their contract we were surprised to discover that they
reserve the right to sell any information obtained from our
users during a credit authorization. This goes against our
privacy policy. As an alternative we were looking at using
CyberCash but have been informed by several sources that
this would not be a good idea. I'd be interested in hearing
your experiences with either company and whether there are
any other choices on the market.

--
Mark Rose
Content Development Manager