Google

Re: Inbox vs. Online Newsletters

From: Havah Hope <havah_at_aperfectdealer.com>
Date: Sun 05 Sep 1999 11:35:57 +0200

ROB FRANKEL WROTE:
>>You can have it, Shawn. I still haven't found the HTML
>>newsletter that doesn't arrive with broken links, or
>>graphics that take too long to load. I deliberately keep
>>FrankelBiz all text all the time, because it's information
>>my readers want, not the Mona Lisa.

TO WHICH SHAWN MERWIN REPLIED:
>I agree, Rob. It is the information that is most important,
>not the format. Unless, of course, the format is so
>unappealing and incomprehensible that the information is
>hidden. In the HTML email newsletters I create, I like to
>keep the simplicity of text when possible, but combine it
>with the formatting power of HTML.

That's interesting. I personally *hate* formatted e-mail.
When I get one I promptly write back and ask to be removed
from the list; or I remove the formatting myself and if it
becomes incomprehensible I delete it. I also trash any
e-mail that comes with an attachment, immediately. I never
open e-mail attachments unless I specifically request them
and a request to join a list does *not* count. If your
e-mail comes with graphic files it is in the trash.

I receive two e-mail newsletters regularly that start with a
table of contents from CNN and Virtual Jerusalem. I find
both easy to use and well formatted, even though they are
straight text.

Havah Hope
Internet Alliances Manager
A Perfect Dealer, Inc.