Google

Re: advertising locally

From: Ben Ocean <beno_at_cnw.com>
Date: Fri 24 Sep 1999 07:38:24 -0700

Havah Hope (love the name!) writes "radio ads are a totally
UNfocused demographic, except for age." How UNtrue! I
currently *sell* radio advertising and have for 13 years.
Radio focuses according to age (demographic) and
income/lifestyle (psychographic). Yes, I'm afraid *most*
people make the mistake of thinking demographic covers
*everything*: it doesn't! In fact, Radio's strongest selling
point is that we *aren't* a mass medium like the newspaper.
Looking to target a specific market segment? Grab 'em by the
ears: use Radio! (Meanwhile, I'm building the *new* medium
and plan to launch within 6-12 months....)

"Hope" this helps!
BenO