Google

Re: Yahoo $

From: Robert J. Woodhead <trebor_at_animeigo.com>
Date: Wed 1 Dec 1999 17:20:20 -0500

WAYNE BROWNING WROTE:
>In fact waiting 6 months will be common on free subs,
>but be it so it gives advantage to those with a good
>site and a budget to market it.

While the time-to-get-in-to-Yahoo varies by category
(some seem to have more editors), the #1 determining
factor on the speed of getting into Yahoo on a free
submission is the quality of the SUBMISSION (not the
quality of the website!).

If the submission is well written, and follows all the
Yahoo rules (most submissions aren't, and don't!),
then assuming the website is at all decent, you often
get in in 5-10 days. One of my selfpromotion.com
users got in in only 2 days earlier this week.

Business Express buys you three things, as far as I can
tell. First, it gets you to the head of queue.
Second, it buys you a little handholding if they
reject the submission (you can appeal) and I've been
told that it's a wee bit less likely that your
description will be edited down. Finally, you get
told if you don't get in, whereas with the regular
submission, you only get told if you get in. Use of
Business Express is basically a time/money tradeoff.
If the listing is going to generate >$200 a month in
profits to you, then it's worth it.

Best, R

Robert Woodhead, Webslave, http://selfpromotion.com/
How to get listed on Yahoo http://selfpromotion.com/yahootips.t